Solar power for renters
So you are renting a property, and your power bill is out of control?
You may already buy “Green Power”, but it really doesn’t help with the cost of the power bill.
The problem is that the house is not yours, but you are expecting to stay there for many years, right?
What to do? Are there any options for me?
At Solazone, we do have several systems that may suit your needs:
- Solar panels may be installed on removable frames that will not affect the roof.
- All can be removed if your decide to leave.
- Installation and removal is performed by qualified tradesmen, because of safety & dangerous voltage.
- Our removable solar systems can be built-up over time, starting with something small, and adding more solar panels as more funds become available.
- Battery back-up systems are now available.
Firstly, consider these:
- Would the landlord come to the party, and install a solar power system for you ? (Landlord claims the rebate, and the solar system adds value to the property.)
- Would the landlord give permission, or allow you, to install your own solar power system on the roof, if you agree to remove it and restore the roof, when you leave? (You claim the rebate for yourself.)
- Or, do you have a safe and convenient sunny area in the back-yard, where a robust ground-mounted solar system could be installed, and later removed ?
The Rental Solar System:
Connect to the nearest switchboard or meter box, with wiring to Australian Standards.
If you claim a rebate, you may be asked to repay it if the system is removed before the end of the 5 to 15 years deeming period.
There may be a cost to replace the meter, and your existing electricity tariff may change. (Check with your electricity provider).
In some states, there may be an additional safety inspection charge, around $200 to $300.
Solazone can assist you with the application paperwork, and estimate the likely costs and savings, for the areas we operate in.
Send us a copy of a recent power bill, or email scanned copies (both sides) to the nearest Solazone office.
Our Mobile Solar system
More details and pics soon.