Selling the World’s best Solar Roof Ventilators
Does your home or workplace get too hot during warm weather?
We have the solution. Stay comfortably cool all day
Yes, stay comfortably cool, without feeling heat radiating down from a hot ceiling.
Relax, or sleep, in any room in the house, even on sunny days.
Australia’s most effective method of keeping your home cool and comfortable.
And it runs for free!
What is a solar roof ventilator?
How does a solar roof ventilator work?
- Solar Roof Ventilators quietly remove heat from your roof or ceiling space, all day, every day, starting from first light.
- Heat never builds up inside the ceiling space, and therefore doesn’t radiate down into the house through the ceiling.
- This makes the rooms feel cooler, and more comfortable, day and night. Very simple, but effective.
- Solar Powered – Increases comfort, with no running cost – Save hundreds of dollars in energy bills.
- Reduces conventional Air Conditioning costs – they don’t have to work as hard – and live in a fresher-air environment.
- Solar Roof Ventilators run hardest when it’s sunny and hot, and the heat problem is at it’s worst.
If you use a roof-mounted ducted air conditioning system, a solar ventilator can dramatically increase the efficiency of that system, by cooling the roof space, and the air conditioner won’t work so hard.
Compare solar roof ventilators with wind ventilators
- Solar Ventilators extract more than 10 times the amount of hot air than a wind-driven ventilator.
- The smallest Solar ventilator can remove 10-15 times more hot air than a standard whirlybird, and the larger models remove up to 40% more air than that.
- The difference in the cooling effect is remarkable. Ask anyone who has made the change. The solar ventilator runs hardest when the sun is out, regardless of whether there is any breeze or not.
- Solar ventilators don’t make any noise or cause drafts during windy nights.
- Solar ventilators extract the hot air fast, exactly when the heat needs extracting – that is, when the sun is shining! Because of this, they run the whole day, and the roof space never gets to heat up.
Solar whiz ventilators suit any type of roof, slope or direction.
- Expels heat and ventilates the roof space, without power bills or carbon emissions.
- Draws cooler replacement air from outside, or from the ceiling of rooms inside the house.
- Solar panel can face any direction and tilt angle.
What size Solar whiz ventilator would best suit my house?
Remember – when you want the heat removed, you want it all removed! Up-size for better performance.
|House or Building Size – Approximate Roof Area||Solar Whiz model||Performance||Price 2017|
|Small sheds||Solar Whiz RAF700||10w – 700 m3/hr||$555|
|Up to 200 sqm (22 sq)||Solar Whiz RAF900||10w – 900 m3/hr||$665|
|Up to 300 sqm (33 sq)||Solar Whiz RAF1400||20w – 1400 m3/hr||$770|
|Normal to large homes, black roofs, or small commercial – moves large amounts of air||Solar Whiz RAF2100||35w – 2100 m3/hr||$915|
|Swim schools, big roofs or dark coloured tiles – remote 50w solar panel and 5m lead||Solar Whiz RAF3000||50w – 3000 m3/hr||$1750|
|Industrial Solar ventilator – remote 75w solar panel and 5m lead||Solar Whiz RAF4000||75w – 4000 m3/hr||$2100|
|Industrial Solar ventilator – remote 100w solar panel and 5m lead||Solar Whiz RAF7000||100w – 7000 m3/hr||$2450|
|Industrial Solar ventilator – remote 150w solar panel and 5m lead||Solar Whiz RAF10000||150w – 10000 m3/hr||$2880|
Solar whiz SW2100-RAF-R, with remote solar panel.
For when shading becomes a problem, at the position where you want to install the solar roof ventilator
Sometimes it is not practical to install the solar roof ventilator in a place where it will get full sunlight all day. To overcome shading problems you can buy the solar whiz SW2100-RAF solar roof ventilator with a remote solar panel, that can be installed up to 8m away. This unit has the benefit of a lower profile, so it is not as prominent on the roof, and in some cases not seen at all.
Solazone Remote-mounted solar ventilator kit prices 2017
|Solar whiz kit SW-RAF2100-R, with remote-mounted 35w solar panel, and 8m connecting cable||$985|
|Big ceiling vent – 300mm||$75|
Bushfire safety mesh.
- All roof mounted models can be supplied with smaller grade mesh (1.5 mm openings) to comply with Bush Fire Standards.
- Air flow is reduced by around 30%, so go up a size to get the equivalent air flow effect.
- Using the thermostat, you can control exactly when the Solar Heat Extractor will operate – only when the temperature exceeds your preset limit.
- This means that once your set temperature is exceeded during summer, all hot air is extracted from the roof, but during winter the thermostat can be set to retain the heat, and help keep the house warm
Solazone SV3200F, squat roof-mounted solar ventilator with fixed solar panel.
When neatness really counts! Strong, low-profile, with the solar panel mounted flat on the ventilator itself. It is neater and harder to see.
The base is thick and strong, and the thermostatically-controlled SV3200 has the solar panel hidden in the top.
This model is best fitted to north-facing or west-facing metal roofs, or gently-sloping flat metal roofs in the tropics.
- Powerful 30 watt solar panel and large 300mm fan.
- Straight 330mm diameter throat, and low profile for very neat appearance.
- Strong, powder-coated steel base, ideal for strong, leak-proof installations on any type of metal roof.
- Comes complete with thermostat already wired in – no electrical connections to make.
- Can be ordered in colorbond colors to match your roof. (additional $50 for special orders)
Solazone SV3500T, with tilt-adjustable solar panel and extra-large flashing.
- Powerful 30 watt solar panel and large 300mm fan.
- Special 500mm diameter venturi throat that assists efficient and quiet air flow.
- Large, strong, powder-coated steel base, ideal for strong, leak-proof installations on any type of roof.
- Comes complete with thermostat already wired in.
This model is ideal for large houses, and for many commercial and industrial applications.
Solazone Roof-mounted ventilator prices 2017
|Solar ventilator SV3200F – roof mounted, with thermostat and flat-mounted solar panel in the top||$679|
|Solar ventilator SV3500T – roof mounted, with thermostat and adjustable solar panel on top||$879|
Metal Eave Vents.
Metal Eave Vents assist directing the flow of replacement cooler air inside the roof space, and ensure the cooler replacement air will remove heat from all of the ceiling area. Encourage cool air to pass across the most important parts of the ceiling, that you want to keep the rooms below cool, by fitting the Metal Eave Vents nearest to there. Make a simple air-flow diagram, showing air-flow from the eave vents to the solar ventilator, to properly locate the Metal Eave Vents.
Eave vents are made from powder-coated, galvanized steel with 1.9mm holes, and are bushfire rated, to comply with Australian Standards.
Metal Eave Vent Dimensions:
Outside coverage: 450mm x 250mm
Hole size required: 400mm x 200mm
Price: $32 each, complete with white mounting screw set.
We recommend installing Eave Vents when installing a solar ventilator to ensure sufficient air flow through the roof cavity. A minimum of four eave vents should be used for each installation, one vent on each side of the house, to encourage even air flow into the roof cavity.
If the house has no eaves then an alternative needs to be found. You can use tile vents, or cowls near the corners of the houses. Remember, air behaves like people – it takes the path of least resistance – meaning that the Solar Ventilator will draw the most air from the biggest or nearest vents. Another alternative may be to use a gable vent (if the house has a gable) as a fresh air inlet.
Alternatively, ceiling vents draw the replacement roof air from inside the house, and can also be used – and are especially effective for, double story houses – you can install a ceiling vent in the top floor ceiling. Or if the house has a garage you can install a ceiling vent inside the garage to improve air flow, and to cool the garage.
Adjustable Ceiling Vents.
Drawing the air directly from the ceiling of rooms within a house or building, can assist in cooling the rooms, as well as cooling the roof space above. Ceiling vents are closeable, so that when the building is being heated, they may be closed to prevent loss of heat into the ceiling space.
The most common use of these ceiling vents is to remove the hottest air directly from uncomfortably hot rooms, or upstairs areas of larger houses.
Four different sizes are available:
|Nominal Diameter||150 mm||200 mm||250 mm||300mm|
|Width||236 mm||288 mm||336 mm||415 mm|
|Hole Diameter||204 mm||255 mm||306 mm||370 mm|
|Height (open)||97 mm||114 mm||140 mm||180 mm|
Ceiling vents can also used to reduce humidity, damp, mould or mildew problems within houses. A ceiling vent installed in the top of a cupboard, or walk-in robe, or room that is badly affected by poor air circulation, will change the room entirely. In bad cases, a ceiling vent may need to be installed in more than one room of the house, to provide good fresh air circulation, and remove all the damp or stale air. Installing ceiling vents can also be in addition to installing eave vents. When installing ceiling vents, it is recommended to use a larger model solar ventilator to allow for the extra space being ventilated, as the air may be drawn from both the roof space/eave vents and from the interior of the house.
Night Operation packs.
Now you can operate your solar ventilator until late, long after the sun has gone down.
The mains-power Night Operation Packs cut in after dark, and run the solar ventilator from the mains all night, until daylight. Ideal for hot homes or work places, or stuffy or dusty environments, that you want to clear overnight, to be nice and fresh by morning.
The change-over of power works completely automatically, and will operate the fan from solar or from the mains power at any time, based only on the thermostat setting. There are four Night Operation packs to choose from.
|Night Operation pack – 12v transformer kit that operates from mains power.||$110|
|Night Operation pack – 24v transformer kit that operates from mains power.||$165|
|Wall-mounted Night Operation pack in enclosure with thermostat – Suits any 24 volt model, up to SW2100RAF, 24v transformer kit that operates from mains power.||$265|
|Extra 4 core cable – 10 metres||$35|
Battery back-up for solar-powered Night Operation.
Introducing the Solar-powered Battery UPS Pack. Comprises Solazone ventilation fan, with separate 40w solar panel with mounting frame, and maintenance-free Lithium battery pack with regulator. Solar ventilation fan can be located on any convenient roof, as the solar panel is mounted separately, on a nearby, north-facing roof.
Typically, the batteries are located on a platform inside the roof, or under the solar panel, somewhere they are not subjected to excessive heat.
These battery solar ventilators are available as a diy kit, or fully installed:
|Solar ventilator with remote solar panel, tilt frame and battery pack||$1380|
|Adjustable thermostat (if required)||$88|
|Roof flashing 500mm x 1500mm (if required)||$120|
Industrial Solar Ventilators.
Now you can get solar ventilators for the really BIG jobs, like whole factories, etc.
You can find more information in my book, “Cooling your home for Free”, available here:
$20 discount off the price of your first solar roof ventilator with your receipt.
Order solar roof ventilators here – for fast delivery.